View Mobile Site
  • Bookmark and Share


Photo Gallery

Sand Hill students learn fire safety

POSTED: November 4, 2008 5:00 a.m.
Photo by Sandi Van Orden/

Alissa Mincey

View Larger
View More »

Students at Sand Hill Elementary learned about fire safety from member of the Effingham County Fire Department last week.

The students learned about fires on the stove and in the oven.

They learned to always blow candles out before leaving a room, and how far away from a candle objects should be placed.

They also learned the appropriate distance to stay away from a fireplace or heater.

The students had a fire drill where they had to crawl below smoke to a door and feel to see if it was a safe exit.

The lessons were part of fire safety week.


  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

  • There are no articles found.
  • There are no articles found.
  • There are no articles found.

© Copyright 2018 Effingham Herald All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...